A Weekend Before Ramadhan
Dear Sufi,
After much hesitation of not letting you go to your school trip without our supervision, I
finally gave in. I wanted to go along, but Papa opted not to since we just went to the KL Bird Park a couple of months ago. Rupanya Puan Nasim still make it up to you and your friends. The school trip in March that was initially planned for KL Bird Park had to change at the very last minute since it was raining heavily in the morning.
We arrived at your school around 8.15am. Most of your friends and their parents were already there waiting for the bus. Puan Nasim asked me why we didnt join the trip. I truthfully said we wanted to use the golden opportunity to go out on a date! Haa pergi la dating sampai malam pun takpe! Hehe.. Some of the parents who heard Puan Nasim's reply, smiled at me.
Then off you go! Best lah anak Mama tak nangis pun :) I saw two of your classmates cried and I was quite worried if you decide to join them too. Nasib baik Sufi cool aje :) Lambai-lambai tangan kat Mama and Papa. Alhamdulillah no drama from you :)
| I was standing behind the school fence and when you saw me with my camera cepat aje buat peace :) |
| Your BFF, Irsyad cried - parents dia dah janji nak ikot. So bila Teacher Ida pimpin dia ingat parents tak jadi ikot. His parents saje naik bas lambat. Cute! |
| Teacher Ida pimpin tangan Sufi naik bas |
| I tried to minimize the things in your bag. But I think your Barney bottle yang buat bag lagi berat. |
| Muka excited nak p dating berpegangan tangan :D |
It was already 3pm, Papa asked me to give your school a call. But I know even your schedule says you were suppose to arrive back at school at 2.30pm, I know that the schedule will overrun. Since no one picked up the phone, I bought a dozen of Ikea Curry Puff and take away a pack of frozen meatballs with them jam and gravy which cost me a bomb! RM48. Gulp!
I called up your school as I waited for Papa to get the car from e@Curve parking to Ikea main entrance. Still no answer. We reached your school at 5pm and your school is still locked up - no sign of students! Hamboiii sakan berjalan Sufi ni! So Papa suggested to have our late lunch at the nearby stall - just a walking distance. As we were walking towards the stall, we saw the school bus.
Yeay! Sufi dah sampai! I anxiously waited for you to jump off from the bus only to see Teacher Ain was holding you so tightly on her chest. Amboi Sufi sorang je yang turun berdukung! Muka Sufi bukan lagi seposen tapi lima sen! Muka penat btol. No reaction at all to see both of us. Lama jugak Sufi keep quiet tak dengar sepatah perkataan pun. Melepet je Mama dukung. After we had bihun sup at the stall, on our way back home in the car, baru lah Sufi start excited cerita pasal Pizza and the free gifts that you got from Pizza Hut. Memang excited sangatlah bercerita!
Sampai rumah, terus hilang penat to see your new colourful workstation. And that night, the three of us sangat happy! Papa sangat semangat assembling the things we bought from Ikea.
Sunday.
We just lazily stayed at home. I cooked two simple dishes for lunch. By 2pm you and Papa dah kroh kroh kroh in the room. After Asar prayer, we went to Titiwangsa. I had my long abandoned jog. MasyaAllah memang Mama sangat2 lah tak fit skrang! Nak start jog pun rasa nak nangis. Jog pun slow but I managed to push myself to finish one round - but a berry-berry slow jog sampai peluh pun tak keluar. Bottom line - it explains why I'm so freakingly tired these days. Tak fit langsung! :(
The park was unusually crowded with people. Our theory - the final weekend before the arrival of Ramadhan. I was having a hard time finding you and Papa at the playground. I bought some papayas for me and stand under the gazebo trying to spot you and Papa. As I was finishing up my papaya, I spotted your striking blue stroller. I saw Papa was taking your photos. You were running here and there - feeling top of the world! Papa pun geleng kepala. I quickly observed the positive changes from you. I think from your previous outing with your friends here, you've gained confidence and courage to try almost everything at the playground. Sampai Papa pun terkejut. Pengaruh rakan sebaya la ni - which is good and I'm happy about it :)
| Your first real outing without diapers! Way to go Sufi! |
| Exercise sikit before balik. Cepat! Dah 6.45pm! |
Mama
Comments
Post a Comment